1. The Wall Street Journal discovered gene doping.
2. Tim Layden and SI on how swimming records tumble daily -- and no one pays attention.
3. Katerina Thanou makes this list of darkest Olympic moments.
4. The New York Times says let the dopers dope...with all the usual suspects quotes.
Norman Fost, a professor of pediatrics and bioethics at the University of Wisconsin. “The claims of the common fatal or irreversible harms of anabolic steroids are without any medical foundation. There’s no reason to think the risk of injury or death is as high as the risk from simply playing sports like football or baseball.”
Wonder if Dr. Fost has stats to back up HIS claims? What is the risk of death from baseball? What is the risk of death from cardiac disease from an anabolic steroid or HGH? Who has the data? Wonder if the use of a drug during a strenuous sport actually compounds the morbidity and mortality risks? How about the concurrent use of nandrolone, HGH, insulin, T3, EPO, and Winstrol? Must be harmless? Inquiring minds want to know. There are papers out there.
5. So Beijing doped up those fireworks?
6. Basketball and cocaine in Latvia? No way Kaspers Kambala.